Climate experts involved in the UK Climate Resilience Programme have published guidance to help water and sewerage companies and flood risk management authorities to prepare for future increases in rainfall intensities from global warming. Published...
The Steering Committee (SC) provides strategic advice to the Programme Board to support the programme objectives. In particular the Steering Committee should provide advice and recommendations to the Programme Board on:
- Alignment with cross-government departmental priorities
- User engagement and programme impact
- Opportunities for complementarity with other initiatives, both nationally and internationally
- Effective ways of research co-ordination and coherence
- Proposed scope and scientific content of calls and directly commissioned research
- Appropriate ways to monitor and evaluate the progress of the programme towards its purpose and goal
The current membership of the SPF UK Climate Resilience Steering Committee is:
Liz Bergère, DEFRA
Professor Suraje Dessai, University of Leeds (co-Champion)
Dr Kate Lonsdale, University of Leeds (co-Champion)
Kristian James, Public Health Wales
Member (to be notified), Northern Ireland Government
Member (to be notified), Health Sector Representative, Northern Ireland
News & Events
Last updated July 2021
Here are the latest news articles and events from the UK Climate Resilience Programme.
A UK Climate Resilience Programme lunchtime webinar series in which both researchers and stakeholders participate. The webinars showcase projects conducted for UKRI and by the Met Office for the SPF UK Climate Resilience Programme and...
Erosion hazards and economic damage to critical infrastructure in river catchments: Impact of a warming climate
UK Climate Resilience Programme Webinar Series 2021 Date: 21 July, 12-1pm BST Speaker: Dr James Cooper (University of Liverpool) Chair: TBC Register for the webinar Abstract Climate change is projected to cause an increase in...